Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Day 5: Two Lips Reviews






                             ANon-Typical Day in the Life of Kallypso Masters

At my other stop today, I talked about what a typical day is like for me at the Erzabet’s Enchantments blog. Here’s what some of my non-typical days are like.

As my readers know, I love to travel, usually mixing business and pleasure. Often this takes me to the places I write about (or want to write about). In September, I spent the entire month of September in a house across from Carmel-By-The-Sea beach. The first few weeks were spent exploring the area and getting ideas for a character who lives there and is starting to come through in bits and pieces (Patrick Gallagher’s lady). Then family arrived and I went on vacation mode the last 10 days.

Whenever I travel, I try to arrange for “dinner with Kally” events where I invite readers to join me wherever I am. These have been a lot of fun so far! Not always dinner, sometimes I do brunch (in New Orleans and Louisville), but I’ve met so many amazing readers at these. One, an Army veteran, even drove seven hours to one of them this year. So far, she holds the record! But many readers have traveled two hours just to have dinner with me. You all amaze me! I’ve held those in Tennessee, Texas, California, and am sure there will be many others in the years to come (but possibly not as small as they have been before).

This coming year, I’ve limited my book-related travel window to five months (rather than the February to October 2013 window this year which took me away from my writing desk too much.) I don’t write much while traveling, although I do a lot of research.) So my first of six convention/conference events will be Arizona Dreamin’ the last week of May into the first weekend of June. Then I’ll do a 10-14 day road trip of the Southeast (book signing in St. Mary’s, Georgia, BookBash in Orlando, and stops to be arranged in the Florida Panhandle, Alabama, possibly Mississippi, Tennessee, and western Kentucky).

In August, I’ll have two events—Authors After Dark in Charlotte, NC, in early August. This will be my last AAD for a few years because in 2015, I’ll be cutting down to only four such annual events and am looking for new-to-be ones in different parts of the country.  Later in August 2014, I’m doing the BDSM Writers Con in New York City. Lots of BDSM educational opportunities here and open to writers AND readers. Will include a visit to a BDSM club, plus lots of workshops.

I’ll vacation again with hubby in late September (taking the train from Chicago to Glacier, then on to Seattle). In October I’ll have my last two events, both ones I’m planning myself, but can’t give details about them yet. One will be in the Seattle area with some fellow BDSM author friends, and the other in the San Diego area (the second annual Rescue Me Sightseeing Tour, limited to 50 participants). Watch the Appearances page on my web site, or sign up for my newsletter for announcements 

I hope to get to meet lots of you in the coming year!


1 comment:

  1. I am late getting started on the tour, but could not miss reading about this! I love this series! Thank you for hosting and thank you for the giveaway!
    kbinmich AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete