Saturday, September 7, 2013

Wild Wicked Weekend- Samantha Cayto

Behind the Scenes of the Wild Wicked Weekend

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve heard about the upcoming Wild Wicked Weekend in San Antonio. Then again, what happens in San Antonio...

It’s wild. It’s wicked. It’s one glorious weekend in February that you will never forget - especially the parts where pictures will not be allowed. 

Regina Carlysle, Samantha Cayto, Cerise DeLand, Dalton Diaz, Desiree Holt, and Brenna Zinn are working hard to bring your unspoken desires to life. We each have our responsibilities and our favorite activities on the schedule, and each week one of us will give you a glimpse behind the scenes and a personal look into our favorite activity.




This week’s featured author: Samantha Cayto
Bio

I’m really a boring suburban mom who practices as a business attorney. I just happen to be a Domme and an erotica writer too. I’m also one of those people that has to be doing something all the time or I feel like I’m slacking off. I blame my Greek heritage. My relatives never retire.

I read all the time and believe that e-readers are the best invention ever. I hate waiting to get a book I’ve been looking forward to. I’m also a hopeless romantic, be it FM or MM.

Want to know more about me including my buy links? Visit www.samanthacayto.com.

What is my main responsibility behind the Wild Wicked Weekend?

I hired and ride herd on the hosts and set up the trip to Hardbodies strip club. Yeah, I know, I got all the really HARD jobs! My friends recognize that given I’m a Domme, I know how to crack the whip when it comes to naughty boys. And while I didn’t set up the dungeon tour, I’m definitely going.


Question(s) from www.WildWickedWeekend.com and contest info:

Kellee R. asks:

How does your immediate family feel about your writing? "Why yes, my daughter does write erotica"
Do you make a living writing or do you have another job?
Do most self pubbers use professional editors/critiquers or do they use really talented friends?

Sam:

My family’s reactions are a mixed bag. My husband is supportive but he’s such an intensely private person that the idea of my being a writer at all mystifies him. He doesn’t understand why I love to go to conferences and meet readers. My kids are between 15 and 20, two girls and a boy, and they are mortified that their MOTHER not only has sex but writes about it too. Most of the rest of my family are part thrilled, part embarrassed, but overall supportive.

I wish I could make a living as a full time writer, but alas, not yet. My “real” job is being a business lawyer. That sounds boring and it can be, but I’m proud of the career I’ve built over the last two decades and can’t imagine not practicing the law.

I’ve only done one self-pubbed, Wet Ride, and used a professional. I always send a story to Dalton before I send it to my editors. I can always count on her to catch the big problems. I think for new authors in particular, you need a professional, though. Dalton knows she can tell me something sucks and I’ll take it well and still love her afterward. But most family members and friends can’t be that honest with you.


Up next: Sat, Aug. 31st with Regina Carlysle!

Contest: There is still time to enter. From now through Sept 25th, simply go to http://wildwickedweekend.com/ask-us-win and ask your question right on the website. It can be any question, though we aren’t telling who will answer which one! Yes, you can ask more than one question, but you will only be entered once for the contest. One lucky winner will receive an e-book of choice from each of our backlist. THAT’S 6 FREE EBOOKS! Winner will be announced and the last questions answered in our last Saturday post on Sept. 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment