Saturday, August 24, 2013

Behind the Scenes of the Wild Wicked Weekend



Behind the Scenes of the Wild Wicked Weekend

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve heard about the upcoming Wild Wicked Weekend in San Antonio. Then again, what happens in San Antonio...

It’s wild. It’s wicked. It’s one glorious weekend in February that you will never forget - especially the parts where pictures will not be allowed. 

Regina Carlysle, Samantha Cayto, Cerise DeLand, Dalton Diaz, Desiree Holt, and Brenna Zinn are working hard to bring your unspoken desires to life. We each have our responsibilities and our favorite activities on the schedule, and each week one of us will give you a glimpse behind the scenes and a personal look into our favorite activity.

This week’s featured author: Dalton Diaz
Bio
Hmm. I have no idea why people want to know what makes me… me, but here it goes: My favorite hobby is reading, and I am a complete romance snob.

If a story doesn’t have romance, it isn’t worth it. If there’s hot sex, all the better.

Let’s face it, fantasy is usually a lot more fun than reality. Not always, but usually. As a writer, one can be anything, do anything, say anything that comes to mind. There are a thousand and one ways to make things happen, each one more exciting than the last.

Since I have a very active imagination, this is the best job in the world.

Want to know more about me including my buy links? Visit www.DaltonDiaz.com

What is my main responsibility behind the Wild Wicked Weekend?

Music and Games. My son is a DJ and off to college to study sound engineering, so he agreed to help out. (As long as he doesn’t see it in action - his words, not mine!) Yeah, we have PLANS for the music, and he’s so not invited. And I know a secret. I know exactly what those of us who don’t get to go to the dungeon will be doing. Want a hint?

“It involves our male hosts, and requires handing out Tic Tacs.”

What, you didn’t think I was going to tell, did you? I can’t leave those of us who aren’t going to the dungeon without an equally Wild and Wicked story to tell.

Question(s) from www.WildWickedWeekend.com and contest info:

Eva P. asks:
Have you based a characters on someone you know? Along those same lines, have you killed off a character based on someone you know that upset you?

Dalton:

Let’s see...yep!

For Stray Lovers, I worked in a veterinary office, and every character was named after someone real. Lucky for them, no one had pissed me off! 

Winters’ Thaw is the one that holds quite a few truths beyond names. Kevin was modeled after the one I got right; the man I’ve been married to for over 21 years. And, ok, I had fun with the ex in that one. His name may or may not rhyme with my ex’s with 99.99% accuracy. <g>

By Mutual Desire has a variation of real names of real people, including Desiree Holt and Ashlyn Chase. I also stole a few names from the group I play in, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ashlynsnewbestfriends, but all for good - because holy hell, who wouldn’t want to be part of that? LOL!

Up next: Sat, Aug. 31st with Desiree Holt!

Contest: There is still time to enter. From now through Sept 25th, simply go to http://wildwickedweekend.com/ask-us-win and ask your question right on the website. It can be any question, though we aren’t telling who will answer which one! Yes, you can ask more than one question, but you will only be entered once for the contest. One lucky winner will receive an e-book of choice from each of our backlist. THAT’S 6 FREE EBOOKS! Winner will be announced and the last questions answered in our last Saturday post on Sept. 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment